Recipe from here
Ingredients (serves 8)
Melted butter, for greasing
125g butter, cubed, at room temperature
185mls (3/4 cup) honey
2 eggs, lightly whisked
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
60mls (1/4 cup) buttermilk
300g (2 cups) plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Thick cream, to serve
honey almond syrup
160mls (2/3 cup) honey
80mls (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
80g (1/2 cup) almond kernels, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Brush a medium (8.5 x 19cm, base measurement) loaf pan with the melted butter to lightly grease.
2. Use electric beaters to beat the butter and honey in a large mixing bowl until creamy and evenly combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition until well combined. Add the bananas and buttermilk and beat until just combined.
3. Sift the plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ground cinnamon. Fold the flour mixture into the honey mixture with a large metal spoon until just combined. Spoon mixture into the greased loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for a further 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. Stand bread in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cutting board.
4. Meanwhile, to make the honey almond syrup, combine honey, lemon juice and almonds in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
5. Slice the hot bread, place onto plates and drizzle with the honey almond syrup. Serve immediately with thick cream.